Tale has reached version 1.0
Version 1.0: this means that I now think the actual framework features and API have reached a state where it should be possible to build a nice story on. That will be my main focus for the time to come: creating an actual interactive fiction to play.
There are still a lot of ideas and todo's (mentioned in the ideas.txt file in the distribution archive), but they are now more or less all "nice to have in a future version". While developing a proper story, I do expect to find problems and silly or cumbersome choices in Tale. I'll probably fix the nastiest ones immediately, but the focus now is first on creating a story with what we have.
Tale Release 1.0: what has changed?
The gui now has text styling as well as a command-history.
Other new stuff
- can use smartypants module to automatically create typographically pleasing quotes, dashes and a few other characters. (optional)
- soul now understands pronouns to refer to earlier items/persons (hug it/her/him/them)
- embedded a tiny demo story in the library (python -m tale.demo.story)
- some internal API improvements (Exits, Hint system, deferreds)
- improved the API sphinx docs